Your business is growing and you've outgrown your home office.
But an unpredictable market means you can’t afford to become entangled in a long-term contract. Even though your business is thriving, you just can’t justify that kind of commitment.
A cheap coworking space could be just what you need, especially if you're looking to expand in London.
Coworking spaces nowadays come in all shapes, sizes and prices. There are pro-working spaces, designed for more established businesses, and there are cool, cost-effective workspaces for growing businesses with relatively small budgets.
Let’s take a look at some of the best affordable coworking spaces in London.
1. Davis House, Croydon
Amazing spaces are no longer confined to inner-city London.
Located just 20 minutes from Central London, this world-class tech hub offers shared and private coworking spaces together with a suite of support services. Designed to support and accommodate fast growing businesses, this space offers the modern infrastructure a dynamic business needs in order to succeed.
- 350 desks in open or private spaces and a 250-person event space.
- A 1GB internet connection.
- 10 private offices, member lounges, 2 boardrooms, 2 meeting rooms and 8 private phone booths
- Printing facilities, including a 3D printer on site.
- Readily available kitchens and the Byte Cafe on the ground floor, where homemade food is served all day.
2. East Poultry Avenue, Farringdon
Located on the outskirts of the City in Farrindgon, this coworking space is an affordable alternative on the periphery of London's creative, financial, legal and technology clusters.
- Proximity to the historic Smithfield Meat Market.
- Permanent desks and coworking options ready to accommodate growing businesses.
- One of the best connected coworking spaces in London with only a five-minute walk to Farringdon Station.
Mix with fellow startups and find opportunities to collaborate.
3. 29-31 Oxford Street
This incredible coworking space on Oxford Street is on a mission to make high quality and well located space more accessible and affordable for freelancers and small businesses. Their philosophy? "Affordability does not have to mean a compromise on design or service."
- Curated spaces designed to build a community comprised of interesting businesses and individuals.
- Industry events to promote and forge valuable connections.
- A cultural programme offering the community a platform that fosters learning and new ideas.
4. 22 Uxbridge Road, Ealing
This newly constructed coworking space offers flexibility and affordability to a varied range of businesses from SMEs to larger organisations.
- Situated a couple of minutes from Ealing Broadway Station.
- High speed internet and complimentary coffee to keep you at optimum levels throughout the day.
- Shared areas such as the kitchen are stocked with basic amenities.
- A conference and meeting room with a state of the art screen to display or write presentations on
- Star phones for calls and video conferencing.
5. 90 Wallis Road, Hackney Wick
You'll find this gem between the Queen Elizabeth Olympic Park and Victoria Park. Covering an enormous 16,000 sq ft, the former dye-cutting factory has been converted into three different floors of canal side studios, private offices and coworking space.
- Creative workspace with self-contained studios suitable for photography and design.
- A total of 10 music studios and production rooms.
- A kitchen offering a place for some ‘down time’
- A comfortable communal lounge giving the chance to connect with other members
6. 31 Draycott Avenue, Chelsea
You don't need a bottomless bank balance to rent office space in Chelsea. Cheap coworking spaces can be found at 31 Draycott Avenue, Chelsea, providing all the support needed to take your ideas to the next level.
- Single desks in a large coworking space, offering a sense of community spirit.
- Private offices for concentrated work to spur your next lightbulb moment.
- Well connected within the local area with easy access to public transport.
7. Wenlock Road, Old Street
Considering the prime location, a coworking desk in this brand new workspace is a bargain at only £99 per month.
- Conveniently located minutes away from Old Street station and a short walk from Shoreditch
- A light and spacious hub offering desk space, meeting rooms, breakout areas, quiet zones
- A fully stocked kitchen with everything you’d expect - including beer and wine on a Friday!
8. 19-21 Hatton Garden, Farringdon
Spread over six floors, this affordable coworking space in Farringdon can accommodate a single freelancer all the way up to a sixty person business.
- Focused on fostering a sense of community.
- A long list of extra-curricular activities, including lunchtime yoga classes.
- Regular Breakfast seminars and workshops led by inspiring professionals.
9. 215 Lyham Road, Brixton
A coworking space with a conscience. The centre is run by one of the UK's leading social enterprises and any profits generated go towards helping people out of homelessness.
- Dedicated desks available on a monthly basis.
- Ideal for small creative businesses and social enterprises looking for somewhere to call home.
- A roomy and relaxed space with exposed original features.
- A comfy breakout area and a fully fitted kitchen-diner.
10. 115 Coventry Road, Bethnal Green
On the left of this coworking space you'll see the Bethnal Green's authentic railway arches and on the right, the trendy bars and pubs of the East End. The space utilises the building's original features to great effect with lab tile floors, blue engineering brick columns and a former water tower that's been transformed into a two storey office!
- Attractive original features - each studio retains a patch of the authentic brickwork.
- The surrounding area is bustling with artists and designers.
- Proximity to the City of London means it’s a clever choice for businesses looking to establish relationships with clients in Liverpool Street.
Are you a growing business looking for a coworking space? Or perhaps a one-man-band in need of some company? We don’t just cover London - we’re global. Contact the Office Freedom team for a quote today.
Let Office Freedom help you find your next office
To find out how much Office Freedom can help you find the right office solution for your business, contact one of our experienced property consultants today:
Call: 0203 603 2576
Email: [email protected]
Request a call back: www.officefreedom.com/company/contact-us